I wasn’t going to write anything about this but I overheard someone today complaining about men not getting a day. Really? Are you kidding me? We have an International Women’s Day because it is supposed to raise awareness about inequalities women face just because they have a vagina.
I actually wish for a time when we don’t have an International Women’s Day. You want to know why men don’t get a day? Here’s why:
- Arizona passes bill that allows doctors to withhold information on pregnancy issues
- Women can’t ask for access to birth control without being labelled sluts
- Income inequality is still a problem in may countries
- Women are treated as idiots needing medical procedures forced on them before they can have an abortion
- Women on the internet can’t have an opinion without being threatened with rape or called names I won’t repeat here
This is in North America. I haven’t even linked to all the countries who don’t allow women to drive, have conversation with men they are not related or married to, etc. I never used to be a feminist. All these things still happening to women have made me one. I hope that in my lifetime, there is no need for feminism or an International Women’s Day.